Making Wellness Fun
In case you didn’t know Saturday, March 24 is the first ever Southern Illinois Wellness Expo. The Southern Illinois Wellness group has been touting the benefits of coming to the Expo for weeks now, but I thought I’d have a little fun too. You can refer to this link for the more serious side of the day.
10. It’s going to rain, so the kids can still burn off energy with an inflatable obstacle course, Golfzilla and a giant game of Jenga.
9. Watch Kevin Hunsperger crush Tom Harness again in the Gold’s Gym Push Up Challenge.
8. There could be a superhero rumble as Batman and Spiderman will be on hand. Are you Team DC or Team Marvel?
7. You can talk one on one with various doctors and there’s no need to put on a paper gown or worry about cold hands.
6. Visit Tom’s alma mater at the Harrison Bruce Historical Village. (Yeah, he’s that old.)
5. Your dad bod will look great compared to Homer Simpson.
4. Where else can you see Yoda and yoga under the same roof?
3. Free snacks after having your blood drawn. (Don’t forget to fast for 10 to 12 hours first.)
2. Dr. Phil will be there (Anton, not Oprah’s friend).
1. You’ll get hundreds of dollars in screenings and wellness checks for $15 or less. That’s cheaper than most insurance co-pays.
Please come out and support this event. Take a stance on your health and wellness.
I am a journalist with more than 20 years of experience and a professional blogger. I have been writing for most of my adult life. I have clients in several states and look forward to writing something for you soon.