I’m a self-professed geek. I would say nerd, but I’ve always thought of nerds as being smart. Clearly, I’m far from being smart, but I am geeky as hell and it’s becoming more vogue these days to make such proclamations. So today I’m sharing my bucket list of geekiness. These are some of the things I want to do before departing this life.
- Attend Comic Con in San Diego. I have friends who have been to this event. I’ve looked at their photos and heard their stories with a tinge of jealousy. I’m not a huge fan of comic books in general, but the geek culture is definitely more encompassing than just comics. WWE has a big presence at the event each year as well. Of course, when I do go I’ll have to come up with a good cosplay costume.
- Watch a WWE show at Madison Square Garden. MSG is the mecca of sports entertainment/professional wrestling. The first WrestleMania and SummerSlam events were broadcast there. Legends like Bruno Sammartino, Hulk Hogan, Superstar Billy Graham, Bob Backlund, Sgt. Slaughter, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair and countless others have all wrestled there. In 2013 I attended the Hall of Fame ceremony at MSG. But I’d love to sit in the world’s most famous arena and watch a live wrestling show as well.
- Run the Disney Marathon. To date, I’ve only run one marathon and it was in October 2015. After that experience, I questioned myself if I’d ever do it again. After seeing pics and hearing stories about the Disney race, I definitely want to give this marathon a try. To make that happen, my training habits are going to have to change significantly as most of my running is confined to just a few miles. But I’d love to earn that Mickey Mouse (or other Disney character) medal one day.
- Visit Star Wars lands. While we’re still talking Disney, I’d love to see the new “lands” once they’re complete in 2018. I say both because we have never visited Disney Land in Anaheim. While there, I’d also like to check out Universal Studios: Hollywood. My family has been to Disney World and Universal Studios: Orlando, but I’d love for us to make the trek out west at some point.
- Get Smurfy in Brussels. There’s apparently a Smurf exhibit in Brussels that honors the life and times of the cartoon creator Peyo. Since third grade, I’ve been obsessed with the Smurfs. Overseas the characters are huge and I’d love to see how it all started.
- Host a kickoff show on WWE Network. This is by far the longest, most off in the distance bucket list item. I never even thought about it until recently seeing Sirus XM Radio host and wrestling podcaster Sam Roberts host several kickoff shows on WWE Network. I’m by no means putting myself in his class, but I do have 20 years of broadcast experience and 30+ years of wrestling fandom under my belt. I need to kickstart and find out how I can make this one a reality someday.
These are just a few of my geeky wishes. I’m sure others will pop into my head. What’s on your geekiness bucket list? Share here or on Facebook.
I am a journalist with more than 20 years of experience and a professional blogger. I have been writing for most of my adult life. I have clients in several states and look forward to writing something for you soon.